Friday, November 16, 2007

Fall for the Book 2007

Every year, George Mason University organizes Fall for the Book, a literary festival that is pretty much the best collegiate literary festival in the world. They bring in dozens of writers, from all sorts of genres and from all over the country. I am currently a graduate student in the MFA writing program at GMU, so I was coerced in taking photographs at some of the Fall for the Book events. Actually, I'm did it gladly, I love photography :)

The images here are from the readings by Jennifer Egan, Alexandra Fuller, and James Houston (respectively). I had the opportunity to drive James Houston around the Fairfax area and although I had printed internet directions, I got horribly lost (on both occasions) but he was really nice about it. I wish I had been in his Visiting Writer's class this semester but I did manage to get a spot next semester, when Jennifer Egan will be coming back for it. If you're looking for books to add to your reading list, check out The Keep, Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight, and Birds of Another Heaven.








No comments: