Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Uncle Morrall's Retirement Party

This past Saturday, I attended my Uncle Morrall's Retirement Party in Saginaw, Michigan. It was also a mini-family reunion of sorts, and I got a chance to see some family members I hadn't seen in almost a decade! My uncle worked for Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company for over 39 years and they threw him this fabulous party, complete with a symphony and about 770 guests. It was held in Temple Theater with the Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra. As incredible as the concert was, it paled in comparison to seeing the family and catching up with everyone. My brothers, my mother and I spent more time on the road traveling to Michigan than actually being there, but it was well worth it. Here are some photos of the evening and of hanging out at Morrall and Nancy's house...

My cousin Wendy, and her youngest daughter, Faith.

Uncle Larry.

Second cousin Kelsey, and her friend Justin.

Uncle Morrall and Aunt Nancy, looking radiant in red :)

Uncle Morrall's speech to the crowd before the symphony began.

My brothers, Jason and Derrick, with Wendy.

Second cousins Joey, Rae, and Maya (listed clock-wise.)

My mother, Cassa, with Faith and Maya.

Aunt Dawn enjoying the Sunday morning Michigan snow, a rare treat, as she lives in Florida!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - nice pics! Thanks for posting. Randy

Anonymous said...

These pictures are really sweet, who is that brother Derrick of yours, he seems like he is so much fun and very good looking

Anonymous said...

Aww, what nice pictures Kristin! Its so nice to see updated pics of the fam. I wish I had been there. - Brittany

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin - GREAT pictures. Did you notify everyone in the family? I'm sure they would enjoy them. Perhaps someone in the family may be inspired to throw a real family reunion if you agree to be the photographer?
Mom

Anonymous said...

You ROCK Krispy Kreme! Wendy